Are you ready for a new challenge?
My client are global specialists in the manufacture of forensic science equipment. They have a reputation for innovation and are embarking on an exciting new phase in their development with the introduction of ‘game-changing’ forensic technology.
Their key clients are government / law enforcement agencies with a focus on crime prevention/detection and national security issues. As such their products are in demand for cutting-edge programmes of national importance.
As a Senior Quality & Compliance Engineer, you will be based in the South Midlands and be responsible/accountable for:
- Ensuring timely delivery of compliance related activities to meet all regulatory requirements for NPI projects.
- Researching and identifying applicable regulatory and industry compliance standards and establishing applicable test standards and policies.
- Conducting and witnessing compliance tests; performing diagnostic procedures; measuring performance; analysing and evaluating findings; performing analysis of failures; implementing corrective actions.
- Co-ordinating third-party compliance audits and activities on behalf of the NPI project teams in conjunction with the engineering and PMO function.
- Driving quality improvement throughout the business and implementing techniques such as 5 whys, 8D, CAPA, FMEA and Ishikawa.
- Undertaking quality audits and performing final quality inspections on products and systems.
- Supporting risk management processes – identifying product process risks and the subsequent implementation of risk mitigations.
- Ensuring products adhere to company and industry quality standards.
- Implementing a working system to ensure product conformity and accuracy for production processes.
You can expect to be exposed to a range of clients and to be working collaboratively with a dynamic management team looking to maximise opportunities. This is a rewarding role which will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to shape the company’s quality function and be a central player in developing the future of the function within the business.
Are you the right person?
My client is looking for talented quality professionals. You will have significant industry experience, ideally with relevant technical experience, gained in New Product Development (Hardware/Software) roles.
You will have:
- Extensive experience in a quality assurance environment.
- Strong background in delivering compliance, with industrial/electronic products, through utilisation of notified bodies.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including senior management, stakeholders, and cross functional departments.
- Proven internal and customer facing presentation skills.
- Strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Technical Degree or equivalent qualification is preferred.
- Strong / demonstrable experience in methods for quality and process corrective actions (CAPA, 8D, 5-Why, Ishikawa…).
- Statistical techniques to solve complex problems e.g., Analysis of Variance (ANOVA), Design of Experiments (DOE), etc.
Candidates should already have the right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visa applications for this position.
Job Type: Permanent
You will be taken to Indeed to apply.